I recently found a list of stated goals of the Democratic Party. Go ahead and read them.
1. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
2. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
3. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of governmental structure.
4. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces.
5. Do away with all loyalty oaths (i.e. Pledge of Allegiance, etc.).
6. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
7. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for government propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
8. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, and policymaking positions
9. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
10. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. “Eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.”
11. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
12. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
13. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, and healthy.”
14. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principal of “separation of church and state.”
15. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis
16. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
17. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.”
18. Support any movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
19. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the government apparatus
20. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
21. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
April Fools! This isn’t a list of the stated goals of the Democratic Party. This is a partial list of the stated goals of the Communist Party for the United States written in 1958 by Dr. Cleon Skousen in The Naked Communist. I guess this would be funny if it weren’t for the disheartening fact that you cannot tell the difference between the stated goals of the communists and the actual policies of the Democrats. I guess maybe we’re the fools.